Well, we managed to shoot our draft off at 2 a.m... so I guess we'll wait n' see what les producers have to say. There were one or two more things we wanted to iron out in this version, but we've decided to just save it for the next draft.
Unfortunately, Jim realized that he had a deadline to meet, so he had no choice but to get up early and go into the office this morning. Blegh. Not fun.
I tried my best to show my sympathy by mumbling, "I'm sorry Jim" as I rolled over and pulled the covers back up to my chin. Ha.
Poor guy.
I sent him an email to check in. He said he's sure he'll meet his deadline, but he's definitely been fighting off the sandman -- he doesn't know how Jack Bauer does it. ;)
As for myself, I slept in, had breaky, and then relaxed with a delightful 3.5 hour (!) telephone convo catching up with one of my oldest friends. Amanda n' I chatted for about an hour last week, but there was still much to share, so we promised to continue with part two this week. That's seriously the loooongest call I've had in a while... but we haven't chatted since my Pemmytown visit back in March, so I think we were definitely due.
Now, I know this will totally sound contradictory, but if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, I'm NOT a phone person. Really. I swear.
Email suits everyone's schedule soooo much better. You write when you have the time, they respond when they have the time. Perfect!
Plus, I don't know about you, but I'm really not a fan of folks who call you up whenever they're bored. Chatting on the phone might be your favourite way to kill time, but just because you're bored, doesn't mean I am.
For me, talking on the phone is always an event. I like to set aside a good chunk of time when I know I won't have any interruptions, and can then give that person my full attention as we catch up on what's been going on over the last 2 - 8 months. I also find that less frequent phone calls usually result in more meaningful conversation, and less "Hey, didja see that funny commercial?" b.s. But that's just IMHO. I guess I'm just not that big on small talk.
So that being said, today's "phone event" was just wonderful. It's like a very distant second to going out for a face-to-face coffee. (Not that I really drink coffee anymore. I've recently decided that I don't really like it all that much. I don't think I ever did... unless it's mixed with hot chocolate... then I drink it to the last drop. Otherwise, I tend to only take a few sips, then let the rest go cold, which is such a waste. I do this almost every morning... so I think I might just switch to tea. It's probably better for me anyway. Of course, I say this now, but when Jim brews a pot tomorrow morning, guaranteed I'll pour myself a cup, take three sips and then dump the rest. Okay, ending this bracket now.)
Ah yes, but where was I?
Oh yeah, so I talked (and talked and talked) on the phone today and it was nice. I didn't realize how long we had been chatting for. I guess time flies when you're having fun?
On a somewhat related note of catching up with old friends, I've been thinking (THINKING!!! - I don't want to start any rumours here!) about planning another trip out east once we have a little more time on our hands. I guess it all depends on if I can find a good seat sale. There's one with Westjet that ends today, but since I don't know when our time will officially free up, I can't commit to anything yet.
Jim's been talking about using some of this upcoming free time to potentially spend a few days or maybe even a week in Slammin' Arm/Sorrento, and have some quality one-on-one time with his family and friends in the area. So, this kinda got me thinking about how I wouldn't mind taking another trip back home myself. It's not often that one doesn't have to worry about setting aside stupid measly vacation days, so I definitely want to take advantage of our wonderful free-wheelin' lifestyle while I can.
But aside from the fact that I don't know when I can book a trip, I'm also kinda mixed about which "home" I want to visit. My last trip was to Ottawa/Pembroke, so I'm thinking (again, just THINKING!!!) that since I already got my Valley fix this year, maybe I should visit my friends in Toronto instead. But I don't know? I'd love to kidnap see my little niece n' nephew and hometown friends again too.... I just don't want to spread myself thin. Blegh. Why does everyone have to live so far apart?
Maybe the smartest thing to do is just save my money and buy myself a new fall wardrobe instead. The weather is changing quickly and I feel like I have nothing to wear.
I think if I can't make up my mind, that's probably what I'll do... buy new clothes.
Although memories last longer than clothes, don't they? And they're kinda more special too.
Buy a new wardrobe and come and vist us in Sorrento. sounds good to me!!! Love Mom C.
ReplyDeleteHa. Now how did I know you were going to say that? ;)
ReplyDelete