I've started about three blogs in the last two days, but I don't know, I just haven't felt like finishing any of them. So here's the gist of what I was going to write about...
The first one was about a Republican in Georgia who wants to pass a bill that will require women to file a police report if they suffer a miscarriage. Apparently a miscarriage is considered a death of citizen and therefore a potential crime. (Seriously, what the fuck!?!?) As a result, this article calls for a uniquely bold (and pretty gross) call to action in protest that's sure to a very strong message. (Warning - not for the squeamish. ;)
The second post I started was about how I think someone might be messin' with my online accounts. Within the last week I've received legit emails from both Facebook and YouTube saying that I've made a request to change my password. ("Legit" as in I double-checked the URLs and they're not spam pretending to be from those services, like you sometimes get.)
FB said that if I didn't make the request, that this occasionally happens when someone accidentally enters another email addy instead of their own and doesn't realize it. That is totally something my mom would do by mistake, so I took the first incident in stride. But when I got the second email a few days later from YouTube, I became suspicious. I'm quite confident that my mom has little-to-no idea what YouTube is, so it's highly unlikely she'd be on that site entering my addy instead of her own.
THEN today, for the first time in over a year, I tried to go on MSN and it wouldn't let me access it. Instead I kept getting a notice saying that I was logged in on another computer. That made me a bit nervous. If someone is using my MSN, then wouldn't that mean they have access to my Hotmail account as well? I haven't noticed any problems with Hotmail, but it still rubbed me the wrong way. However, when I tried accessing MSN from Jim's computer, it worked just fine, so maybe it was just a freaky Mac thing... who knows?
Anyway, I have NO idea who would be trying to access my accounts, but methinks it's time to change a few of my passwords. :P
The third post I started writing was about how bored and unmotivated I have been the last two days. I haven't felt like reading, painting, writing, or doing much of anything. Jim's days in the editing suite have been very long, and even though I do have contract work coming down the pipeline eventually, I've been feeling kinda lonely and useless. Really, I should be working on my new script, but as I just said, I haven't felt like writing, which is why I never finished these three blog posts.
The only things that have managed to brighten my days are going for walks, (for no reason whatsoever, I always catch myself grinning like a fool whenever I go walking around Commercial. I think I've been cooped up by myself for too long, because it doesn't take much to entertain me... I heart people-watching), and listening to music.... lots and lots of music.
So instead of writing a proper post (even though I think what I've written so far definitely counts as a proper post) I thought I might come here and just do a musical post instead. Whatever videos come to mind, I'm gonna stick on here. Popular, obscure, guilty pleasures... whatever. All I ask is that you don't judge. ;)
Here we go...
I discovered this little band on TheSixtyOne and really enjoy their sound. I haven't heard this particular song until just now... Not too shabby.
Seeing all those lyrics makes me think of this video, which really cracked me up the first few times I saw it. "Make me fries...."
This video always make me laugh too. So silly... You have to admit that The Lonely Island does a really good job with these funny songs. (I may have posted this one before...?)
Now I'm itching to see more SNL digital shorts, like that charming little ditty by the latest Oscar winning actress, Natalie Portman. (Since this is a far cry from her very sweet acceptance speech, those with tender ears, please don't bother clicking the link... :P)
Actually, on that note, maybe I should keep the rest of my video surfing to myself... and hopefully tomorrow will be a more productive day.
Next time your on YouTube, check out Debi Graham Band.... I think you will like them.
ReplyDeleteI just checked out a couple of their videos. Really great stuff! I especially like her take on "Crazy". Thanks for the recommendation!
ReplyDelete