Monday, August 2, 2010

Granpaparazzi

Back in February I mentioned the very cute fashionable seniors blog "Granpaparazzi", which was co-created by one of Jim's old coworker friends, Cassandra.

Cassandra had come across my FB profile picture of the cab driver we had (twice!) while visiting San Diego, and thought that her unique look would fit in well with all the other stylin' seniors on their site. She asked if I would submit my photo for them to use and also include a little write up. So I did.



A New York native with a unique flair for fashion, it’s no secret that this California cab driver marches to the beat of her own drum with her dramatic sparkly sunglasses, Venetian mask earrings and loud checkered shirt.
A style as distinct as her story, she reflects with fondness on how she made the brave move west to San Diego in the 1960’s, back when the city was much smaller, quieter, and rife with young sailors. In the years since, she has watched the city around her grow in leaps and bounds to become the buzzing metropolis it is today, all from behind the windows of her yellow taxi cab.
I haven't visited the site in quite a while, but I was thinking about it the other day, so I tried Googling it. In my search I also ended up coming across a blog review on "Beyond Robson", and guess whose face is featured?  Yup! Kinda cool, huh? :)

(Just a side note, while I do fall in love with little old men about three times a week, I'm not the Melodie who commented on the article.)

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share that neat little tidbit, and also give another plug for Granpaparazzi. If you adore the elderly like I do, then you'll enjoy their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment