INT. GUMP HOUSE
Jenny lies asleep in bed.
FORREST (V.O.)
Maybe it was because she had nowhere
else to go. Or maybe it was because
she was so tired, because she went
to bed and slept and slept like she
hadn't slept in years. It was
wonderful having her home.
I have to admit, I'm feeling a little like Jenny right now. Without the AIDS.
Holy hell, I'm tired!
Since my last 1:30 a.m. post, we've had about 10 hours of "tweak" meetings with one of our producers, and two more very late nights n' super early mornings.
I'll also add that Jim is a big advocate of the snooze button... which I am not. To me, snooze is some sort of bastard tool designed for lazy suckers for punishment. Okay, maybe it works for some, and I don't mind hitting snooze ONCE... but any more than that and you're not snoozing, your just breaking up quality sleep time, and jarring yourself out of some potentially peaceful dreams.
Yeah, I'm really not a fan....
But like I said, Jim loves it, so he usually sets our alarm at least thirty minutes in advance, so he can click it three or four times. And because he's only trying to be thoughtful, sweet guys that he is, he'll always quietly announce the exact time each instance the snooze goes off... even though I already know that the evil snooze breaks my sleep in nine minute intervals. Since I know he's only trying to be helpful, I always feel like I need to politely grunt an acknowledgement to let him know that I heard it/him... which for some reason feels like it takes a lot of effort to do. When all I want is to return to my dream of hanging out on the beach with my friend I haven't seen in ten years, or walking in thick foggy woods, or watching humming birds sleep down at the duck pond. (I've been having a lotta nature dreams lately... probably to compensate for not being outside in weeks.)
Anyhow, instead of blogging, I should probably be taking advantage of this time by napping before Producer Number Two gets back to us with all her tweaks. (She was too busy composing critical timelines n' figuring out financing stuff to partake in the most recent round of edits.) Unfortunately, I'm sure the coffee coursing through my veins is just enough to keep me mobile so I can drag my ass n' get through this day, but no doubt I've consumed too much to allow me to doze off. (I usually only have one cup each morning, but today demanded two.) This is really too bad, because depending on when she gets back to us and how many suggestions she has, we could have another very late night ahead before passing the latest draft off to our distributer tomorrow... who will then provide us with HIS tweaks.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
But when we're done, I swear, I'm gonna sleep like Jenny. And sleep. And sleep. And sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment