Sunday, August 15, 2010

Two More...

Here's another rose n' thorn I forgot to add when I was going through the laundry list yesterday....

Rose
Okay, this is dumb, but I think it's sort of neat...

On our bedroom window, there's a little rip in the side of the screen, which causes it to wrinkle a bit. Anyhow, about a month ago I noticed that depending on when I wake up, the light hits these wrinkles a certain way, so I'm greeted with the shadowy outline of a perfect heart.

The first time I noticed it, it sort of threw me. I was baffled as to why there was a big heart in the window. I couldn't figure out where the heck it was coming from, and was wondering what was shaped like a heart outside?

It only lasts for a little while until the sun moves.... but I kinda like it. And because I like being greeted with a heart every morning, I have all the more reason to procrastinate getting the screen fixed....  ;)

Thorn
Also about a month ago, Shaw sent us a free cable box thing to try out. I don't know what the point of it is, because it's not like it gives us digital cable, and any worthwhile channels cost extra. Instead, it's just an inconvenient pain in the ass and I think we should return it.

We usually only watch a little TV in the a.m. as we eat breakfast, and then we'll sometimes watch All In The Family before bed. (Oh, and SNL when it's not a rerun.) I think it's a stupid waste of money that we even pay for cable in the first place... but that's another thorn altogether.... Anyhow, this friggin' box messes with the channels, so that they are either blank or they're all switched around.

After half a dozen phone calls, someone at Shaw finally advised Jim that when you have a bunch of things plugged into a power bar, it occasionally interferes, so he has to reset the box by unplugging it. So every single morning - sometimes TWICE - Jim has to crawl behind the TV and unplug the stupid box and then plug it back in.

Even though I'm not the one doing the crawling (because I really can't be bothered), it drives me nuts that we're still using this stupid device. What a piece o' shit.

And that's all I have to say about that.... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment