Friday, August 6, 2010

Tattoos, Whistling, Chewbacca and Grandma

Here are a couple things I came across today, so I thought I'd share 'em all at once.

First, check out the 13 creepiest anatomical tattoos. While some are no doubt 100% creepy, I have to admit that I think a couple of them are pretty neat. I especially like the muscle sleeve. Great shading!

The anatomical tat theme reminds me of an old roommate of mine. He was missing his pec muscle, so he decided to get a tattoo over the area to make it less obvious. (I always thought he looked fine.)

His tattoo of choice looked like his skin was ripped open with lizard scales beneath it. But as you might imagine, apparently getting a tattoo like that over bare bone hurts like a sunofabitch.

The second thing I want to share is A Little Whistle. I don't know about you, but I'll often break out into a little whistle whenever the mood strikes. I've always been a whistler. I hum quite a bit too. Although a couple years ago Jim pointed out that I always hum to myself when I'm nervous or if the moment is awkward. Ha ha! I honestly had NO idea I did this! Now I try n' catch myself. It's like a musical nervous tick. It's kinda hilarious. Although I probably shouldn't be announcing this in case I start humming around any of you someday...

But getting back to the whistling, Playlist.com has really been on a roll lately with some pretty fun mixes. And this one is worth a listen n' a whistle.



Third, this movie blog post written by guest blogger, Chewbacca, is something I came across on FB. I shared it with Jim this morning, and figured that if you're a Star Wars fan, you might get a small kick out of it too. Actually, I'm not even a Star Wars fan, and I still appreciate the humour... :)



Alright... that's it for a few days. I'm off to Sorrento for the weekend very shortly. It's Grandma's 80th birthday today, with a big surprise party for her tomorrow.

I think 80 is a pretty good milestone. Neither of my Grandmas made it that far. In fact, my Grandma K was only 64 or 65 when she passed away from liver cancer. That's pretty young in Grandma years!

While Jim's Grandma has her ailments and is pretty much blind, I think she's still got a lotta punch and a big personality. One of my favourite things about her is that she watches a lot of entertainment television, so she's very opinionated about whose who in Hollywood.

She'll ask, "What do you think of that Angelina Jolie?" And then she'll launch into reciting a lifetime's worth of tabloid fodder, "She's a devil worshipping bee-atch. Always dressed in black like that. She and Billy Bob wore those viles of blood around their necks! Who does that?! It's sick. She's sick. And you know her father is Jon Voight. He was hell on wheels in his day. He was a drunk and a hop head. So Angelina, now she's no better. She kissed her brother and then she went on and ruined that marriage with our Jennifer, etc..."

I know sometimes certain black-or-white opinions or rehashed old stories can grow tiresome, but I do enjoy it when she gets on a roll with her Hollywood reports. What other sweet little 80 year olds can talk trash like that? She's a hoot.

So, happy 80th birthday, Grandma!

And have a great weekend everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment